(AmericanProsperity.com) – Voters and the public at large strongly support President Trump’s immigration policies according to a new Harvard poll. That’s despite the policies being labeled as unfair or racist among Democrats.
According to The Washington Times, the poll says:
- 49% of Americans approve of Trump’s handling of immigration
- 55% support punishing sanctuary cities that won’t cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or other federal officials
- 60% support denying green cards to immigrants who can’t support themselves and need welfare assistance
- Only 33% support illegal immigrants being able to apply for driver licenses
- 79% agreed that there should be an immigration halt during the COVID-19 crisis
The poll did not mention Trump, it only asked about the policies and if people agreed or disagreed with them.
Director of Communications for Center for Immigration Studies Marguerite Telford tweeted:
Harvard Center for American Political Studies/Harris Poll suggest that Trump’s immigration policies have strong backing among the public at large, even though derided as racist or unfair in Washington and among Democratic leaders. – https://t.co/LIkiBCPaR3 – @washtimes
— marguerite telford (@mtelford_cis) March 17, 2020
This poll may present a clear and present danger to Democratic presidential candidates Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) and former Vice President Joe Biden. Both have said illegal immigrants should have access to welfare programs and that police should not cooperate with ICE nor support sanctuary cities. They also believe that support for policies like these that help to secure America is akin to xenophobia and racism.
~Here’s to Your Prosperity!
Copyright 2020, AmericanProsperity.com